1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Closing Down the B.I.D.K.A Site

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback & Suggestions' started by Steve Lancashire, Jul 9, 2018.

1. sumo

sumo Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    guys.......it's all in this one.....those 8 or 9 hardy souls are right here.

I think your original post might have been duplicated Steve
  2. Steve Lancashire

Steve Lancashire Active Member

It's a bloody liberty, that's what it is, a diabolical liberty, a conspiracy to throw us off the track:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

So Shrewsbury or Dortmund:doh::doh:
  3. blueeyes

blueeyes Member

Is that the dummy back in Steve :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle: can we get back on with the campaign now :thumbup:
  4. Steve Lancashire

I have no idea how the F@#$% that happened. But I have noticed that if I get an email alert telling me there is a new reply to the one and only BIDKA thread we are reading at the moment; if I click on the link and log in, it takes me to the duplicate thread where the previous rallying call was posted.

Definitely something awry here Watson. Maybe it is an admin trying to foil my plan to get everyone to submit a reply to 10 random posts with something like....

"Hello is there anybody out there"

So nobody gets the alert and the resurrection is doomed. Ah the plot thickens Holmes:cool::cool::cool::badmin::badmin::badmin::badmin:
  5. Steve Lancashire

I am going to copy and paste the first post on page one at the top of this thread and post it in every topic on every forum till some f@#$%&r responds:mad::mad:
  6. sumo

sumo Member

I think I'll give Dortmund a miss this year (for that read that the cobalts have landed.....), but I will get the kettle on....there's also plenty of good pubs within a sensible walk....

Keep going Steve! It would be great to get a bit more chat going, hopefully folks will wake up!
  7. blueeyes

blueeyes Member

you have the bit between your teeth now Steve
  8. Steve Lancashire

Cheers guys, I am a bit like a Dog with a bone once I'm off on one, and I don't concede easily.

As much as I hate Farcebook, I am wondering if this is the way B.I.D.K.A should have gone before it was too late. No problem uploading videos, photographs, reaching out to a wider audience, worldwide even. If we had 6,000 members on here alone we were bigger than most other Discus groups I know about on Farcebook.

I am wondering if there is any way to set up a group on Facebook, call it B.I.D.KA 2, copy the link for this forum into the new group page so everyone who joins the FB Group can access this library / catalogue of information.

Either that or find a way of transferring this lot over to the new FB Group.

What do you think?
  9. JOHN .A

JOHN .A BIDKA Mentor & Show Shareholder

I think Face book is the way foreward
  10. Steve Lancashire

Doing it later today. Watch out for a link to the FB Page and an announcement on here.

I am going to need at least two other people who are on FB to act as assistant administrators and / or moderators.

Form an orderly queue guys, because I can't run it by myself.

Cheers,

Steve
  11. blueeyes

blueeyes Member

I am on Farce book Steve if your stuck lol
  12. JOHN .A

I am on Face Book
  13. JOHN .A

That's 3 of us then,
  14. jizzy

jizzy Well-Known Member

I dont do **** book , never have done :eek:
  15. papasan2

papasan2 BIDKA Challenger & Show Shareholder

Neither do i
  16. blueeyes

blueeyes Member

not looking good lads
  17. JOHN .A

Any luck with Face Book Steve.
  18. Artur

Artur Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately forums are dying. Facebook is an option but I hate the fact that everything there gets buried under newer post and it is quite chaotic place to have a proper conversation. Facebook will attract many idiots so expect questions 'is my discus pregnant?'
    Anyway worth trying.
    I can help with managing, no problem at all.
  19. blueeyes

blueeyes Member

Thanks for the input Artur I agree you get a lot of idiots on farce book one of the reasons I try and stay away but if thats the last resort what else can be done
  20. Steve Lancashire

Hi guys, sorry about the late reply. Been away and on another mission. Back now. I have been researching whether it is possible to import / export data from this forum to a Facebook Group, rather than just post a link in the FB Group to this site. I'm sure there is a way, I just haven't found it yet.

I agree, there are a lot of knobs on Facebook, and yes they do post a load of '****' questions as Artur as highlighted. Which is exactly why I left certain Discus Facebook Groups, it got very tiresome. Discus Sales and Show Off UK is a classic example. The admins are only interested in numbers and quantity of posts, most of which was complete bollocks.

There is a group on Facebook called Dr. E. Schmidt Focke Discus Honors Group. It limits membership to 500 members, you only get in if referred by someone who is in the group, and you have to answer 3 questions to the satisfaction of the administrator or moderators. It is exclusively for Wild Discus Keepers only. You keep domestic discus - you dont get in! You dont post or contribute in any way you get weeded / kicked out by the admins or moderators, likewise if you break any of their strict rules.

Members include people like Mark Neill, Heiko Bleher, Hudson Crizanto Gonzales, Bosse Quiding, Fred Pruneau and many other prolific personalities in the wild discus community.

If we create this new group, I am not saying it should be quite as exclusive as that group, but we would need to put measures in place to prevent it becoming a place for sick heads to post ***** and get involved in slagging matches.

So what do you think?

Cheers, Steve