1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dead Discus

Discussion in 'Basic Care and Husbandry' started by paul walker, Jun 1, 2018.

1. paul walker

paul walker Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi guy's this is a warning about Fluval sponges killing some of my fish 3x discus 2 punchard gutted 3 large clowns and a small spotted black pleco with white shots i never did know the name. I purchased someone Fluval 406 white sponge's the long ones after doing my main weekly water change i open the sponge box and the sponge's we're a dark orange colour so i phoned gordon riggs the place of purchase for advice and was told to put them in the tank but i wasn't happy so i call the other branch for advice and got told there completely safe so i phoned Fluval i was told they should be ok but has it was a Friday someone would call me back Monday so i placed them in the tank thinking i would change buy new on Monday for my next small water change anyway 8 or 9 fish in total died I'm gutted
  2. blueeyes

blueeyes Member

Gutted for you mate we all know the feeling of loosing fish, did you ever get a call back from Fluval did you inform them what happened ?
  3. paul walker

paul walker Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Fluval we're terrible to deal with passing the buck all the time saying it wasn't there fault. In the end i contacted the rochdale observer news paper then out of the blue Gorden Riggs called me and apologized and as a good will gesture i was given £200 cash and £150 to spend in store
  4. blueeyes

blueeyes Member

well that was a result but will never make up for what you lost, are you up and running again