1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eheim profesional 3 2075

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by denis, Jan 25, 2014.

1. denis

denis Active Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    After much brow beating and constant plugging of ahem( by Johnny Discus of Eheim) I decided to purchase a new external filter for my pending new tank and can only sing praises of the build quality and the ease of set up.

pro's
    In the box it comes ready to run with all filter media required also included is the inlet/outlet pipework which comprises of an adjustable spraybay kit/strainer and 16/22mm tubing. And is almost silent when running using 16 w.

con's
    The price of buying parts to convert a different external filter inlet/outlet set up to match the ahem(Eheim) to match the same as the 2075 set up with a couple of extra parts to extend the spray bay and srainer set up for a longer deeper tank tally's in at £124!!!

Now the purchase of the filter with all this included minus the exstensions only comes in at £178??? a right bargain on amazon, So get a grip on the price of your spares Ehein ffs.

So in conclusion it's ahem(Eheim) all the way as Johnny D puts it.:thumbup: (And I will be purchasing another one)
    JohnnyDiscus, Merv and pottsy like this.
  2. carl heaton

carl heaton Active Member

You are right about the price on spare parts when you buy the classics you only get sponges with it so you have to buy the media if you are starting of from scratch !
    and that is nearly £50,and like you say the intake stems aren't long enough as my tank is tall !
  3. denis

denis Active Member

I can't really complain Carl cause I got it at a right bargain price and saved between £40 and £90 depending where you buy it from.
    And I honestly can't beleive how quiet it is, I had to put my hand on it this morning to make sure it was working. My efx you can hear humming away in the cabinet the eheim sits outside of the cabinet.
  4. Mark Evenden

Mark Evenden BIDKA Mentor & Sponsor Staff Member

:evilgrin:

Can't beat Eheim for quality IMO
  5. salty

salty Well-Known Member

lol you just had to didn't you :)
  6. denis

denis Active Member

Pmsl, just read that and realised.. Don't miss a trick you lot do you,lol.:doh::doh:
  7. pottsy

pottsy Well-Known Member

Faultless, until they go wrong!
    denis likes this.
  8. denis

denis Active Member

pottsy likes this.
  9. JohnnyDiscus

JohnnyDiscus Well-Known Member

LOL. I might have to re-brand myself as Lord A' hem of Middlesex :). Like most things of quality you get a loud £ ouch factor initially, but I think they pay for themselves in the long run. Might have to start pimping Fluval, otherwise if I need any Eheim spares, there might be too much demand from you other devils :rolleyes:.

Totally agree on how silent they are. I have run a 2075 on my QT tank for the last year and to date it's been faultless

Denis, when is the new tank arriving?
  10. denis

denis Active Member

Hahaha, nice 1 JD. The new tank arrival date is the back end of next month but could be sooner, kinda hoping it's the back end just to give me a bit of breathing space to sort the rest of the stuff needed out.
  11. JohnnyDiscus

JohnnyDiscus Well-Known Member

If you have gone Jacques Cousteau on the depth of for your tank, you might want to invest in a set of long grip tongs like the OAP's use. I also have a 3.5ft pole with padded cleaner and scraper for getting deep into the bottom corners where it's impossible to reach by hand or clean with a mag cleaner. I got both from a local MA. Alternatively if you have been sensible on the depth or have orangutan arms, you will be fine.
  12. denis

denis Active Member

Lolol, well at a stretch on my tippytoes I can get the front and sides with minor disscomfort but the backs another matter. I've gone for a 60x18x24 and allready use a floaty mag but might have to resort to some filter floss wrapped around a broom handle to get the back sorted or I may just invest in one of these babys http://www.robosnail.com/:chuckle::chuckle: