1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Festival of Fishkeeping - Discus Show.

Discussion in 'Our Community' started by Mark Evenden, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Mark Evenden

Mark Evenden BIDKA Mentor & Sponsor Staff Member

The Federation of British Aquatic Societies have invited myself to "organise" a Discus Show at their annual festival in October.

The event will take place on the weekend of October 1st and 2nd 2016.

The venue is Hounslow Urban Farm, Fagg's Lane, Feltham, London, TW14 0LZ

There are a number of hotels in the area, but previously I have stayed here https://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/308/London-Feltham-hotel?WT.srch=1&WT.tsrc=PPC as it is near by and in the town centre, so plenty of pubs facilities.

The judged show is for HOBBIEST ENTRIES, initially there are around 60 to 70 tanks available with a contingency to increase this to 120 - but that is entirely up to you guys.

There are seven classes planned, although again depending on entries this is subject to change,
    1 - Red
    2 - Solid Blue
    3- Striped
    4 - Striated
    5 - Spotted
    6 - Open
    7- Wild

Small cash prizes and trophies for 1 - 2 - 3 in each class and a Grand Champion

Entry fee will be £15 per tank to cover the costs.

Clive Brampton (Northants Discus) is organising the judges, the rules, and will generally be in charge of the competition - Clive / Myself will not be entering fish into the competition, but will have our fish there on display / for sale.

Anyone wishing to enter their fish should send me a PM with an email address - we will send you a form and copy of any rules etc. Entry fees will be payable six weeks before the show.

There will be Discus associated trade stands and the usual stands and exhibitions that form part of the Festival.................................

More details will be published here as they become confirmed ( we are to meet with FBAS shortly) .................... This is a very busy time for myself and Clive from an admin point of view, so please only post positive comments and feel free to ask questions.
    salty likes this.
  2. salty

salty Well-Known Member

good luck mark/Clive, this seems to be a good way to get a discus show together, smidge far for me but I may get another group from you after my holiday to try and grow a winner and get my arse down there ;)
  3. Graham C

Graham C Active Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Sounds great. Good luck and thanks for organising! Hope to see and meet lots of you there!
  4. jimbo

jimbo BIDKA Mentor Staff Member

Brilliant !! Will defo be paying a visit
  5. sumo

sumo Member

Looking forward to it - best of luck with the organisation guys! Hopefully put some faces to names....
  6. Mark Evenden

Mark Evenden BIDKA Mentor & Sponsor Staff Member

It's quite a unique venue as it is within a childrens animal farm, so for those with young children there are plenty of animals (and reptiles) to see, you can even get a ride on a donkey !!
  7. Sevvy

Sevvy Active Member

All them kids and prams, oh my god, good luck with it Mark/Clive
    Mark Evenden likes this.