1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gill Flukes Discus

Discussion in 'Disease and Illness' started by peterhill26, Feb 26, 2017.

1. peterhill26

peterhill26 Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi all what is the best and straightforward treatment for Gill Fluke in my Discus I have been looking on the internet and it is a minefield ? They say that Prazipro is very good the only problem is that you got to order it from the States.
    I Have used Wormer Plus for the first 4 days and Double Dose for the next 4 Days before doing a 50% water change which does say on the Packet for Gill Fluke.
    What other Treatment which is out there if I got to Treat further or to keep for future
  2. JOHN .A

JOHN .A BIDKA Mentor & Show Shareholder

Fluke Solve is efective,and you can get from Mark D D Discus,
    It is confusing because everyone gives different answers.
  3. peterhill26

peterhill26 Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi John thank you for your reply i will have a look at your info about mark D D Discus.;)
  4. larry rogers

larry rogers Member

United States United States
    Arthur

Part of the confusion, and part of the trouble treating, is poor identification. Several different afflictions get labeled gill flukes but only one truly is. True gill flukes are dactylgyrus, a monogenean trematode flatworm that is hard to treat in its own right. Several other species that are often called gill flukes include: gyrodactylus; skin flukes, sometimes they will attack the gills; several copepod species, easily differentiated from actual flukes because they trail two egg sacks as tails; several species of mussel spray their developing ova into the gills of fish where they parasitize for a couple weeks and drop off, a free ride to a new home; and a couple of small isopods, crustaceans much harder to treat than flatworms. The only way to diagnose 100 per cent accurate is to prepare a slide of the offender.

Larry
    hipflask likes this.