1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Might have Hex and don't know how to treat it

Discussion in 'Disease and Illness' started by Jenson, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Jenson

Jenson New Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have noticed today that one of my fish had white stringy, translucent poo. It is eating ok and looks healthy enough. A couple of the other fish have one small white spot on their tail fin and one has a small cotton bud on his dorsal fin. There are 8 discus in a 340 litre tank all appear fairly happy and healthy. The fish are all about 5 or 6 months old about 4.5 inches apart from one who (might be stunted?) is about 3.5 inches. I have had the fish about 6 or 7 weeks.

I have been water changing every day about 60% one day and about 20% the next using HMA water that is heated and circulated for 24 hrs before it's pumped into the tank. All parameters are good 0, 0 and 10. Ph is 7.8 as always. I am running two large cannisters with UV built in.

The only action I have taken so far is to soak granules in epsom salts for feeding (just started that). I have also ordered Esha Hexameta to be delivered in a couple of days. I have tried to source metro (can't spell full word) but can't find any in the UK.

I think it might well be hex but am unsure as I've never seen it before.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.....Feeling anxious.
  2. JOHN .A

JOHN .A BIDKA Mentor & Show Shareholder

Manus aquarium products are new to the UK,have a look at there products
    Metro is vet only see your vet
    If it is eating you have a chance
  3. Jenson

Jenson New Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks John. I've ordered some stuff from the US, I hope it gets through customs ok (prescription only in the UK).