1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minerals for my RO water for discus

Discussion in 'Basic Care and Husbandry' started by josephfi, Jul 4, 2017.

1. josephfi

josephfi New Member

Malta Malta
    My Ro water comes out at 0 kh and 0 gh.
    TDS as 40ppm and PH 7.0
    Do someone use the tropic marine discus minerals? To what extent is the PH increased?
    Should I am for a specific TDS or for GH/KH , given that my RO gives me a constant tds of 40ppm

I do not wish to use any tap water since its has a tds of 850, gh 18, and PH 7.7, apart from very high nitrates which must be somewhere between 40 and 80ppm

Will this product be enough?
    Atm I am using jbl aquadur seems but it contains quite a good amount of sodium so am looking for something maybe better.
    One of my adult lately developed like a hold in the head disease and had to treat it with octazin and I was thinking maybe it was due to the mineral content of the aquadur.
    Not sure if it was HITH but after treatment it closed nicely but remained white a small white patch.
    I was doing 40% WC every 2 days since the last 3 months.

Thanks
  2. Artur

Artur Administrator Staff Member

There is something wrong here I assume your gh and kh tests are not accurate.
    With TDS around 40 you should really have some hardness in the water.
  3. josephfi

josephfi New Member

Malta Malta
    Could be, as I use the tetra water test kits and they are difficult to determine especially when the shades of the colours are light.