1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pair 'splitting up'

Discussion in 'Breeding Discus' started by sumo, Nov 14, 2017.

1. sumo

sumo New Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi folks,

We have all had stories of loves lost but do discus have the same trials and tribulations in their love lives? I have two red melons who showed all the signs of pairing up, then eggs on the glass, so off they went into their own cube. Several lots of eggs later but nothing fertilised I was fortunate enough to catch a bit of the action - the female would flirt like mad - ive never seen shimmying like it - but the man wasn't interested, nothing that she could do could get him to the right side of the tank. She laid anyway but he wasn't involved at all.

They're only young, but is this it for them? May they have another go? Right now they are back with all their buddies and show absolutely no interest in each other.

Does anyone have any stories of 'on off' relationships - discus, not your own ;)

Paul
  2. JOHN .A

JOHN .A BIDKA Mentor & Show Shareholder

Maybe the male is to young.
  3. sumo

sumo New Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    They're both the same age, about 2 years old and he seemed interested to start with - I'll give them time, there's no rush :)