1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sad day

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback & Suggestions' started by JOHN .A, Jul 4, 2016.

1. JOHN .A

JOHN .A BIDKA Mentor & Show Shareholder

l would like to thank all the friends I have made on the Foram
    Discus Q,Steve O, Steve, Matt, all the friends that have moved on,keep in. Touch.
    Paul Fitz, hipflask, papasan2 and 5 others like this.
  2. jizzy

jizzy Well-Known Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I think im up there as one of the longest active members of Bidka & i have seen it at its very best & to see it plumet like it has done over the past year or so is so very sad
    Over the past 7 years of being a Bidka member iv learnt a welth of knowlage that i will never forget
    I wish everyone good health and a great future
    Thanx to all the staff & Admin that have kept BIDKA going over the years (even "Admin without a clue" :chuckle: )
    JOHN .A, Paul Fitz, hipflask and 4 others like this.
  3. Ady34

Ady34 New Member

So sad to read of the forum closure.

I have only very recently joined but forums are always the best place to find information and share experiences imo, and this one seems no different.

It's a shame also that cost is a main factor in keeping forums up and running. I know myself that I would be happy to pay an annual fee to have access to the wealth of information available as realistically it's priceless within the hobby.

Thanks to the staff and admin who have kept the forum running for so long and to those members who have offered advice in the limited time I have been a member.

Ady.
    Owl, pottsy, jizzy and 1 other person like this.
  4. Steve Dawes

Steve Dawes Well-Known Member

I would like to echo the thoughts of the guys above , if it were not for the help and advice from people on the forum over the years I may well have packed in Discus keeping , suuch a shame to see it dwindle over the last 12 months , good luck everyone for the future and keep enjoying your Discus .
  5. Jay1

Jay1 Active Member

Same here, if it wasn't for BIDKA I wouldn't be where I am today with regard to keeping Discus. I tried several times in the past without success and the good people of BIDKA showed me the light so to speak.

Thanks everyone for your invaluable input.
    jizzy likes this.
  6. DavidR

DavidR Active Member

Hi All,

as above and I am sure the comments below will echo it is indeed a sad day, as a relatively new member I have still noticed the demise of the forum in terms of contributions and as a non-facebook user I wonder where I will get help when needed in the future.
    all the guys and girls on here have been great and pivotal in helping me succeed in my current aquatic adventure and for that I thank you.

David R
    pottsy and jizzy like this.
  7. TURKISHPAT

TURKISHPAT BIDKA Member & Show Shareholder

as above ive been a member for a few years now and the help has been amazing from all the members. im not on facebook so i guess i will have to plod along enjoy my fish all on my own. i would like to wish all my discus keepers good luck with their fish and keep on enjoying these amazing fish.have fun all pat:):(
    pottsy, mike os and jizzy like this.
  8. Paul Fitz

Paul Fitz BIDKA Member & Show Shareholder

I joined in 2008, and got to know and meet so many great fish keepers from which I learnt so much. I wish everyone well especially those who remember me
    drake, pottsy, JOHN .A and 1 other person like this.