1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TDS & Seachem Safe

Discussion in 'Basic Care and Husbandry' started by Abhijit Divekar, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Abhijit Divekar

Abhijit Divekar New Member

India India
    Hey I am new in this forum and want to share some info what I noticed, My tank is 55 gallon and having 3 fish with 2 discus fish one is Red leopard and other is blue diamond. And silver shark with partition. My tap water parameters are ph 7.8, Tds 51, Ammonia-0, Nitrite-0, and Nitrate-0ppm and fish tank parameters are same except nitrate 10ppm and Tds 75 ppm. So all are ok but my concern is why my Tds is higher than tap water? As closed water system it is increasing,but I change water daily 50 % so I decided to figure out and taken 1/2 liter bicker and taken tap water in it checked Tds it's showing 51ppm so then I added Seachem safe 1/4 teaspoon and after 10 minutes checked and noticed my Tds is now showing 140 ppm wow. I am using HM digital Tds meter which is reliable.
    So my question is it affect when you try to breed discus fish?
    What are your opinions regarding this thanks. Also you should be aware what are you putting in your tank.
  2. JOHN .A

JOHN .A BIDKA Mentor & Show Shareholder

3. Abhijit Divekar

Abhijit Divekar New Member

India India
    Thank you sir
  4. Artur

Artur Administrator Staff Member

For breeding you will need RO water anyway so you will not be adding anything else.